Sunday, February 26, 2012

My New Album Coming Out on Stand Up! Records

Visit  StandUpRecords.com
The short version is, I'm releasing my third comedy album and this time around I'll be on the super cool indy label Stand Up! Records. We're recording it at SF Punch Line on July 17th and 18th.

Now then, here is the long version:

Somewhere shy of a decade ago I sent Dan Schlissel of Stand Up! Records a CD I'd made with a sketch comedy troupe called I Can't Believe It's Not Comedy, and some clips of me doing comedy dressed as a fly.

Regarding the sketch CD Dan wrote back, "There are moments of brilliance" and he asked me to keep in touch. Thus began years of Dan mentoring me via email and the occasional phone call as I worked to find my voice, a journey I'm still on and one which I may continue on for the rest of my life.
I Can't Believe It's Not Comedy's CD
I believe you get good at doing something by doing it and I'm stubborn enough to do something as many times as it takes to get good at it. With this in mind I started making stand up comedy albums. I am proud of the two I've produced so far. Dan saw marked improvement from one to the next. I was excited to share my most recent material with Dan via clips I mailed to him on DVD, feeling like I'd really hit my stride. To my delight he has decided that its time for me to join the Stand Up Records family. This puts me in AMAZING company. See their Wikipedia page (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stand_Up!_Records) for a list of the fantastic comics who've put CDs and even records out with Stand Up!

So Mr. Schlissel and I will be meeting face to face for the first time when he flies out to San Francisco to oversee the taping of my Punchline Comedy Club sets on July 17th and 18th. I hope to pack the house with enthusiastic fans and I'm very pleased with the material I've got to draw from. I will do two different sets between the two nights, though of course there will be some overlap. I hope you can make it!

No comments: